MEANINGFUL WORDS OF WISDOM FOUND ON THE INTERNET
From Anonymous Authors
- Don't go for looks - they can deceive; don't go for
wealth - even that fades away. Go for someone who makes
you smile, because only a smile makes a dark day seem
bright. Hope you find that person.
- There are moments in life when you really miss someone
that you want to pick them from your dreams and hug them
for real! Hope you dream of that someone.
- Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be
what you want to be, because you have only one life and
one chance to do all the things you want in life.
- May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough
trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you
human, enough hope to make you happy.... and enough money
to buy me gifts.
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But
often we look so long at the closed door that we don't
see the one, which has been opened for us.
- The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a
porch, swing with, never saying a word, and then walk
away feeling like that was the best conversation you've
- Its' true that we don't know what we've got until we lose
it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been
missing until it arrives.
- Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel
that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person,
- A careless word may kindle strife; a cruel word may wreck
a life; a timely word may level stress; a loving word may
heal and bless.
- The beginning of love is to let those we love be
perfectly themselves, and not to twist them with our own
image - otherwise, we love only the reflection of
ourselves we find in them.
- The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of
everything; they just make the most of everything that
comes along their way.
- Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before
meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the
right person, we should know how to be grateful for that
- It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to
like someone, and a day to love someone - but it takes a
lifetime to forget someone.
- Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those
who have searched and those who have tried...for only
these can appreciate the importance of people who have
touched their lives.
- Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, the
romance and you find out you still care for that person.
- A sad thing about life is that when you meet someone who
means a lot to you, you find out in the end that it was
never bound to be and you just have to let go.
- Love often starts with a smile, develops with a kiss and
ends with a tear.
- Love comes, to those who still hope even though they've
been disappointed, to those who still believe even though
they've been betrayed, need to love those who still love
even though they've been hurt before.
- It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but
what is the most painful is to love someone and never
finding the courage to let the person know how you feel.
- The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten
past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of
your past failures and heartaches.
- Never say goodbye when you still want to try - never give
up when you still feel you can take it - never say you
don't love that person anymore when you can't let go.
- Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that
they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return, just
wait for it to grow in their hearts but if it doesn't, be
content it grew in yours.
- There are things you love to hear but you would never
hear it from the person whom you would like to hear it
from, but don't be deaf to hear it from the person who
says it with their heart.
- When you were born, you were crying and everyone around
you was smiling - live your life, so that when you die,
you're smiling and everyone around you is crying.
- A bicycle cant stand alone because it is two-tired
- What is the definition of a will? (Its a dead giveaway).
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- A backward poet writes inverse.
- In democracy- its your vote that counts; In feudalism, it's your count that votes.
- A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
- If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.
- With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.
- Show me a piano falling down a mine shaft and I'll show you A-flat minor.
- When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.
- The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
- You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.
- Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.
- He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key.
- Every calendar's days are numbered.
- A lot of money is tainted. Taint yours and taint mine.
- A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
- He had a photographic memory which was never developed.
- A plateau is a high form of flattery:
- The short fortuneteller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
- Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
- When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.
- Those who jump off a Paris bridge are in Seine.
- When an actress saw her first strands of gray hair she thought she'd dye.
- Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
- Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.
- Acupuncture is a jab well done.
- Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeat.
- We do not stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!
-- courtesy of Morgan Williams (Hinterland Voice)
Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn't it?
In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'
This is such a powerful idea that, as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise..!
. --Richard Dawkins, Eulogy for Douglas Adams - author of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
If you have any similar contributions of your own, why not email them to me and I will happily add them to this list.....
Last revised: May 21, 2007